Half Way Home – A Poem About Healing, Hope, and Love

The title is the prompt I found on Pinterest! It has been a while since I posted a poem, anyway, so here is a new one :)


I am almost there

Reaching for my dream

Don’t let me sink, darling

I am almost halfway home


I don’t want to scare you

Keep you smiling like this

I look at you, heart fluttering

Fear crippling in just after it


Too good to be true

I don’t want to lose sight of it

Never claimed to be perfect

I am still too broken to live


But with newfound hope

Every day, I keep running

I still stumble, breathless

Reaching for you desperately


I wish you would be still here

I hurt you, hard to ignore it

But little by little

I hope to be what you need


Home is where you are

Where our dreams meet

Happiness is so close now

Here beside you, I exist


As true as I can be

I only hope you can see it

We are halfway home

Let’s just keep going


If this poem touched your heart, feel free to share it or leave a comment below. I'd love to hear what it made you feel.

If you enjoyed this, you might also like my poetry books on Kindle Unlimited! Check them out here 

Comments