Scary Truths - When Truth Feels Like Freedom

Recently had a very vulnerable moment, and then found this prompt on Pinterest. I had to write something, so I hope you like this poem :)


Words frozen on my tongue

Tears rolling down my cheeks

I remember that afternoon 

The day I confessed my truth


Terrified, I hide my reaction 

Truths, scary as they are, freeing 

To have the weight on my shoulder 

Yet to worry if things would change


I would love you the same

I knew as I waited anxiously 

I knew things wouldn't change

Yet I was only okay when you smiled


It's been years since those nights 

Days when I used to drown in guilt 

Now beside you, I exhale in relief 

Finally able to breath without remorse


I'm not okay yet, won't be for a while 

But tonight, I'll sleep easily, I know

Truths, scary yet they must be said

For things to be okay for us one day 


Hope you know how thankful I am

Exhausted, yet I've never felt better

You accept me, with all my flaws

The truest I've been is when loving you 


👉 Share your thoughts in the comments below! I’d love to know if you’ve ever struggled to express your feelings too. Your support means the world to me. 💛

Make sure to follow for more poems! 


💭 Explore more heartfelt poems on Bookish Musings.

Comments

Post a Comment